04 April 2009

Mission Reunion

Yesterday I was able to go to my 6th (so Lauren tells me) mission reunion. It was great to see some of the missionaries that I served with, though I was dissapointed by the low number of people who were actually there. However, most of all, it was awesome to see President and Sister Blake. As is his custom he gave an amazing talk on remaining faithful to the gospel and keeping ourselves focused on returning to our Father in-heaven. He reminded us of our mission motto: The Kingdom of God or nothing! Hearing him speak as he did as I served as a missionary 4 years ago, and being able to speak with him about the changes in our lives, served to inspire me and remind me of what I learned in the two years I served in the MJM. I am very grateful for the opportunity to meet with my missionary brothers each year and to be reminded of the many lessons I learned with them.

1 comment:

stef j. said...

i wish we could have been there ... that's one of the things i miss the most.

i love the blakes! i think president blake will forever be the epitomy of righteous living to me.