

This is the lens we bought to go with the D60 body. It is 18-135mm nikkor lens with autofocus and a few extra goodies. This lens normally comes with the D80 kit. We passed on the 18-55mm that comes with the D60 kit in favor of the extra focal length, although the VR on the 18-55 was tempting. We plan to eventually purchase a 18-200 with VR sometime in the future, perhaps after we have had some practice with our first lens. I always saw myself going with a Canon instead of a Nikon as I know a few people who use them (my mother included) and they are very popular. However, a friend of mine persuaded me against the neat features on the body of the Canons in favor of the higher quality lenses on the Nikon's. I have since that time learned that there really is not that much difference between the Nikon, Sony, Canon, Pentax, etc. As long as they are name brand and multi-billion dollar companies then they make good lenses (see http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/nikon-vs-canon.htm). But I have no reservations whatsoever about the choice we made to go with Nikon. My mom uses a Canon Rebel xti and Lauren and I have both played with them but I honestly prefer the feel and functionality of the Nikon's. Who knows perhaps I may switch in the future but for now I am excited to use my new Nikon (which could be here as early as Monday!).
So what prompted us to get the DSLR? Well Lauren and I have been thinking about it for about a year and came pretty close to getting one a few months ago but decided to pass on it. A few days ago, however, Lauren and I went on vacation, she went to Miami and I went to Oregon. I brought a couple of friends of mine along on the trip, one of them brought his Sony cybershot and an HD camera. While hiking on the trip I had an opportunity to use his awesome camera to take some cool nature shots and absolutely fell in the love with the clarity for the shots and the zoom. That was the straw that broke the camels back. I came home Sunday and bought our first DSLR yesterday (after much persuasion on my part toward Lauren, which included going to a store so she could hold one in her hands and play with it). I will have to follow up with pictures for the D60 as soon as I learn to use it.
1 comment:
Hey hey! You are more than welcome to use Clay as a camera model!!! LOL Seriously though, we need some nice family pics of us! I'm excited to see you guys tomorrow. Still coming?
Post a Comment