14 February 2009

9:45

So the other day Lauren and I were going shopping and decided to stop by circuit city for their going out of business sale. When we go to circuit city their doors were still wide open and people were walking in and out, it was at that time just after 9:40. As soon as we walked into the store someone walked up to us and said they were "closing in 5 minutes." I thought this was really strange and asked jokingly if they closed at 9:50, thinking for sure that they would be closing at 10 (which would still give us just under 20 minutes to look around). His response was, to me, really surprising. "We close at 9:45." What store closes at 9:45!? I don't remember ever shopping at a place that closes at 9:45. Why not just close at 9:23, that's much more random. So, I chalk this up as one other reason why it's obvious that circuit city has gone out of business. Thank goodness there are stores like Best Buy that have reasonable closing times.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOL! Too bad they are going out of business. You could write a very unhappy letter to the company and probably receive some free stuff! It's fun to get people in trouble for having bad attitudes! Better luck at the next store eh?