So I thought I would switch it up a bit for this post and move from Polititcs to...well I guess it's still politics, just really old politics mixed with some economy and history. I have a paper due in a few weeks (30 pages!) which I have decided to write on Marx. Rather I have decided to write on one of his philosphies. I tried to read his book The German Ideology to help me decided and found that it was not the most enjoyable read. I have had a few different ideas lately but am leaning toward writing on his ideas about religion. Does anyone have an opinion regarding his many ideas and philosophies? Perhaps you might toss one out that I have not thought of, thought I will probably still write on religion.
This semester has been very interesting and enlightening thus far. Unlike previous semesters where I was taking mostly GE's, most of my classes this semester are for my major. The most difficult part so far has to be that most of the others in the class are in their senior year and have quite a head start in understanding the various terms and principles of Anthropology. However, as I look back I have begun to realize that this presents a unique opportunity as it forces me to adapt and to match what my peers are doing. Despite any difficulties the past 2 months (almost) have been very fun and have really shown me that I am in the right place studying the right discipline. I hope that everyone else is having an equally enjoyable semster thus far.
20 October 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment