17 October 2008

The first of many?

And so it starts... What starts, my blog? I'm the type of person who usually likes to keep his personal life personal. Perhaps that is part of my problem, one of my failings, but whatever the reason I feel a need to blog. I'm not sure if I have something to say that needs to be said but I do have lots that I would like to say from time to time. Perhaps this need is derived from what I see happening in the world. Perhaps its just because I am getting older and am starting to find grey hairs all over my head! Now keep in mind I am only 25 years old. By the way, it might be worth mentioning that the URL for this blog, (my blog?) is Chinese for "half-crazy person", as far as I have found it translated. I thought it befitting my current state of mind, not that I am really crazy (or am I) but that I feel like I really don't understand what is going on around me. Anyway, back to the world. I can't say I am afraid of what is happening so much as I am saddened by what I see in the state of our country and its people in particular. I believe that the current state of our country is directly a result of the people. We as a people have allowed the moral and economical decline within this great nation. I am a religious person and as such I believe in a higher authority and that as a follower of that higher authority there is a way in which I should conduct myself in this world. I believe that higher authority understands life better than I do and trust in His judgment when faced with decisions. It is unfortunate that those of us who follow God have allowed those who follow after the logic of men to have the louder voice in this country. I don't think that there are necessarily more of these people only more speaking out. I believe they are the most outspoken people in this country and unfortunately or fortunately the loudest get heard. So maybe what we need to combat this downward spiral is to be more outspoken. Perhaps this is why I have decided to start a blog? Whatever the reason I have started it and try not to think of how people will criticize and judge me based upon what I write.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

I'm so glad that you have decided to blog. You really are quite intelligent Aaron and way more informed and aware of what's going on in the world than I am. I really appreciate all that you do for me in helping me to understand what's going on and everything else. You are amazing! Love you forever!

Unknown said...

Alright! You've joined the blogging world, cool! I always thought blogging was more fun than journal writing, so even guys could get into it. ha ha Have a good weekend!