25 June 2009

Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

I just started Brazilian Jiu Jitsu at BYU. Though it is exactly what I imagined it to be (rolling on the ground grappling) it is far more difficult than I ever imagined it to be. A day after my first lesson I am completely, from head to toe, sore. Despite not being my first choice for martial arts it was a lot of fun and very educational. I hope to someday follow this up with training in one of the chinese martial arts.

3 comments:

Lauren said...

teeheeheeheee! It looks so funny and uncomfortable. I don't think I'd feel so comfortable with another person laying in my crotch. Glad you're trying it though! and that you like it!

Unknown said...

You are alive. I was beginning to thing you'd forgotten all about blogging. LOL I Love Karate! I wish I had been able to keep going! Someday . . .

AaronABarnes said...

This is quite different from Karate, the goal is to get someone on the ground and then start the work.